Blogging Again?

Monday, October 05, 2015

Hello Everyone! 

I've thought about getting back into blogging because so much has changed since I last blogged, and it seems like it's going to hold me up and be my back bone! 

Just a brief update on being MIA for almost two years...I last blogged in Feb 2014. My dad got sick a few days after. From Feb-May we were in and out of the hospital everyday. I got engaged in April to the love of my life as my father last wishes! I had three and a half days to plan a small engagement as my father really wanted to give me away as he knew how crushed I was going to be come my wedding day. He passed in May, and my life changed forever. I've been moving in and out of home the past year and half even in different states, and it really has taken a toll on me. But i'm finally settled in! I just got married This past June on my husband's birthday with our family and Friends blessings. I am now back in Chicago...Skokie to be exact! I was born and raised in chicago so I'm totally looking forward to the winter!*Sarcasm*
So yes that was my life update in the past two years. :)




Was just speaking to my childhood friend Sonya, and she was telling me how I should get back into blogging. Especially because I've been Snap-chatting my food I make! Perfect come back for a new chapter in my life, Eh? So Let me do the honors and Share the recipe I made today! Chinese Shrimp fried rice! I'm so picky when it comes to fried rice, I don't like the rice to be white and shrimp to look all pink. So here is my take on some delicious, healthy shrimp fried rice without adding that crazy amount of MSG and sodium! 

PS I'm horrible with estimating portions, and I don't measure my stuff because I don't feel the need to. So somewhere in the directions I will let you know how much of what you need!

What you will need-What I used to make my version for at least dinner and second day left overs
1 packet of Large shrimp-Mariano's/Walmart has the best ones
Frozen or pre cut veggies, I used Corn, Carrots, green beans, Green bell peppers
Green Onion
2 medium eggs
White Rice
Chinese salt to taste-I don't have any, My mother in law gave me some, since I don't use it in my food
Red chili powder
Red pepper flakes
Lemon juice
Soy sauce 

Directions
Rice
1. Boil water add regular salt, boil rice for 15 mins
2. Drain
3. Take it out in a plate and let is cool down, dry, clump up overnight, or for four hours. YES! it makes a huge difference.

Shrimp
1. De vein, peel, and take tail off shrimp
2. marinate is light coating of lemon, chili powder/paprika, salt and pepper
3. stick it in the refridgerator for 30 mins-1 hour

Directions for Prep and Cooking
1. Cut veggies and green onion
2. Crack and whisk two eggs
3. Put in one tea spoon EVOO into WOK or pan
Put in the eggs, scramble them on medium heat and they should look something like this.
4. Once it's done, put it aside and Put the marinated  shrimp in.
5. Let shrimp cook for 3-4 mins, once it's 90 percent cooked. Take it out and put it aside
6. Put in 2 tablespoons of oil, along with the cut up veggies, soy sauce and the rice. (Helpful hint, the rice will be dry and hard now so de clump a little before adding.)
7. Let the rice "fry" or pan fry a little and keep folding the rice with the veggies and you will start to see a color to the rice. 
8. Add the brown sauce that I have here

...you can also use, oyster sauce for color and Hoisen.
9. Put in the shrimp, and egg on high heat and fold the fried rice until rice starts getting hotter since the rice is the only item in the wok that was cold before hand. 
10. Add in chopped green onion, and Chinese salt(Agino Moto, MSG)
11. Once it's a nice brown color and everything is hot, you can serve! Because this is my first recipe I'm posting I don't  have any cook along pictures minus the final results!




Hope everyone enjoys this recipe, I was scared of having to add soy sauce as the only source to brown the rice, but I had gone to Jewels and found this bottle of sauce which really helped!

I will also post my Kari Khousay recipe that I made yesterday and Butter chicken coming on up on Wednesday! Please keep a look out! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images