Spring/Summer Lipsticks 2013

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

***Cheesinnnnn***

Hi loves!


I've been trying to think about what to blog...but when I had came up with the idea I was a bit distracted with the magical moments I was having in life! I hope everyone had a good weekend! Starting Monday, I will be doing a small wedding series for my friend Sharmin's wedding. Everything head to toe about a bride and her journey through the wedding.(desi wedding) So excited to share my experience with you all!


Let's get to it! 


So...I never really liked lipstick! Growing up I was into lipgloss and maybe when I was around 16 I realized "okay my lips look dark!" Eating broccoli helped but I still didn't like how my lips looked in pictures. 
Growing up, I've seen my mom do make up on my sister a lot. I mean the whole nine yards, double triple eyeshadow(smokey eye) winged eyeliner, lined lips the whole va va voom! That is exactly how my sister and I got so involved in beauty! I have learned everything on my own and my makeup techniques and I'm very lucky to have that talent! 

A few things about LIPS:

Do your lips get white and skinned inwards by the end of the night? or even a few hours in when you apply something on your lips?!
Take a wet end up a towel, lightly soak it and scrub your lips in a circular motion to get rid on the skin. Repeat this at least twice a day. You can also use a lip scrub but overtime that will cause more fine lines. Then apply Vaseline or chap stick afterwards, keep on till you are ready to apply color to the lips!

Scared of color?
I think everyone should be scared of color. Their are so many people out there that DO try color on their lips and it doesn't even look right. You have to know what color looks good on you. Do warm or cool tones look good on you?! all based on you're skin tone! That's KEY! Don't be scared to try color, but if you think it's to pale for you're skin tone and you look albino...which you probably do...add a sheer pink gloss on top to achieve the sultry nude look! AND/OR for a darker color like pinks purple's and reds, apply some shimmer or gloss on the cupids(top of lips under nose) and ONLY in the bottom lip in the middle. It will instantly make you're lips look a lot FULLER. 

Here are some of my favorite lipsticks I have swatched for you, mix of matte, sheer, and shimmer lipsticks. If you scroll over the lipsticks name there will be a link that will take you to the product!



 Rimmel Kate 101 This lipstick is amazing if you don't want to do the nude lips but still gives you that vintage or baby doll look if you do a bold eyeliner or smokey eye. This lipstick is MATTE.





Maybeline Color Whisper Rose of Attraction  LOVE these! I own three. they are very sheer but pigmented. has a purple under tone. Comes off a little darker in person. Great for everyday and if you want to use as chap stick. Very moisturizing. This lipstick is SHEER



Revlon Lip Butter Tutti Frutti Okay...I'm not really a lip butter person..nor on the bandwagon...but these are comparable to the Maybeline Color Whisper's. This one in tutti frutti is really orange, looks amazing on olive skin tones like myself, very pigmented and chapstick like...really feels like butter. This is SHEER

Milani Lipstick in Sangria  The new milani lipsticks are a DUPE for the YSL lipsticks. I have YSL lip products...so high end over anything! Perfect Purple for a night out, stains your lips really nicely and is pigmented. This lipstick is MATTE

Maybeline Color Whisper Petal Rose Super light and sheer! good for a short night out! This lipstick is SHEER

Rimmel Kate 109 Another Orange lipstick! This is a lot more opaque than the Revlon Lip butter and it has a pink undertone so it doesn't look TOO orange. Something you should try if you are scared to try color. Looks great with a light brown smokey eye! This lipstick is MATTE



***Hope you guys try some of these lipsticks out! They are great! Thank you for tunning in! Until next time! :)



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Hey anum! Luv ur blogs :) I was thinking if u cud actually put on the product n take a pic of urself n attach it with description...I think it wud help n give a gud visual of how the product n colors look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Was going to do that but time did not permit. but you mean like on my lips and swatch it right?

      Delete
    2. Yea kinda like the looks n combos u talk abt, if u put up a pic with each section/blog I think tat mite help the rwaders.

      Delete
    3. Yup! Wanted to do that. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. These are awesome just bought the 103

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! That is my favoriteeeeeee! I dab it on my lips to give a more natural look :)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images