Favorite Packing Tips and Tricks!

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Hi Guys!
So my husband and I will be traveling for the holidays and since I know so many of you will also be going out for the holidays...because it's Christmas and New Years! whether it be by road or plane...I wanted to share some packing tips and tricks with you!

As time comes near, ill be doing a whats in my luggage-hand carry post with pictures! Until then, become a pro packer!

I've learned not to over pack...but I don't under pack either so here are some tricks.


                                         “he who would travel happily must travel light.”
                                                       -antoine de saint-exupéry






  • Make a list! Make a packing list so you don't forget anything and don't over park.
  • Put your undergarments in a dust bag and switch it out to put dirty laundry in at your destination
  • Roll your clothing items, do not fold them! It will take up less room, and your clothes won't crease!
  • If you are going for more than a week, or even have children and really don't want to Check more than a suitcase and a duffle bag in...use a space saver vacuum bag, that way all those clothing items will stay secure and you won't hesitate on piling hard breakable items into the suitcase for check in. I used this method when moving, couldn't be happier...non of my clothes and desi outfits were ruined!
  • If you plan on packing your favorite heels, or even some designer shoes or clutches...stuff them with knee high socks, gloves, hat to keep its shape and from creasing and from any rhinestone, studs, or embellishments from coming off.
  • Pack liquids in a bigger ziplog bag if it's being checked in, or else carry it in your hand carry OR pour your face creams, pricey shampoos, etc into THESE You are welcome! Trust me this will stop you from wasting products! I love putting my loose Chanel/Laura M powders into the shorter up & up containers!
  • Pack your makeup tightly or if you are carrying compacts, put cotton ball in between the mirror and powder/foundation/concealer so it isn't cracked when you open it! I personally carry my makeup in my hand carry so that there is no chance of it breaking or blowing up!
  • Jewelry-For my desi girls if you have Bangles/Churiya but them through a ribbon and line it up and stick it into a sock! For dainty necklaces, put a straw through it from tangling!
  • Need something steamed for a special event or simply hate the iron at the hotel? SIMPLE! turn the shower on with really hot water, hang your garment and close the door, your item will steam and be creaseless! :)
Stay tuned for more Travel tips as I pack!
Happy Travels!
XoXo-Anum

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images