Foundation Review: Maybelline Soft Matte Dream Velvet Foundation

Sunday, January 24, 2016


Today I'm bringing you a drugstore foundation review! It's been over a year since I have bought drugstore makeup! Nothing that the drugstores have came out with has caught my eye...but since I was looking for a casual day wear foundation I thought I would give it a shot. There are a few new foundations out right now, one being from Maybelline of their Dream Mousse line. They have the pump formula as well as the tube version.




Along with the foundation I saw that Elf Cosmetics had a new brush out! I have one or two brushes I use from elf when my other ones are dirty, so this was a good brush to get! The brush that I got was Ultimate blending brush! It's a great alternative to the Real technique brushes that everyone uses. Although this brush DID NOT work with this mousse based foundation it does work great with powder, cream, liquid, stick and simply just to blend out the whole face!

Here are the two products I purchased from Target! The shade I got was #60. The shade was a little tricky, 5-50 is pink based tones and 60-95 is Yellow/Neutral based



-Foundation comes in 12 shades
-Maybelline says it's their FIRST hydrating matte foundation
-It's a "unique gel whipped formula"-It's less mousse like than their last formula. This is better and has not broken me out like the old formula did many years ago.
-Claims it's soft matte finish LASTS 12 hours!
-Prices vary, I got mine for $8.99 at Target
-It's a typical 1oz foundation so you get the same amount.

This is how the foundation comes out of the tube, and how it is once it's swatched. it's seemed a little too yellow, but blended into my skin perfectly. Please look for swatches online of the colors before purchasing! My choice of color is based on my skintone and the color of my neck which is pale than most.


  I DO like the feel of this foundation, but it's light to medium coverage. I DON'T think it's buildable as It's clinged onto a dry spot on my face due to waxing few days back. This Maybelline foundation is great for someone looking for everyday light coverage! This is how it looked on my face. And I've been wearing its for around 8-9 hours. I was using a primer, and setting it lightly afterwards as well. About 5-6 hours of wear is when I started getting oily on my t-zone but this is a GREAT foundation for oily skin as well as normal. I would suggest another foundation for the dry skin folks out there! Please try out this foundation and let me know what you think!



Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images