Acne,Scarring,Random Breakouts-For Men and Women

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hi my loves!


Today's blog is about small bumps, small and big breakouts, teenage skin, scarring and what face washes you can use to help with you're Dry,Oily or Combination skin!



My story...
I've been really blessed to not have breakouts as a teenager but growing up I've had scarring if I've tried picking at incoming zits!!! I mean I'm not sure if it was a cyst or pimple etc but most of the time it would be a white head! I would actually clean it for two or three days and see if the pain and redness reduced...and I would pop it then because I needed a flawless face for an event!

I seriously learned this from my sister! She is so big on taking black heads out, and trying to pick at a pimple! Although she uses the clairisonic she no longer has that problem!

So anyway, overtime my scarring has reduced significantly and that makes me so happy! I do wash my face 1-2 times a day, with a really good face wash. I used to have dry dry dry skin, like sometimes my forehead would get flaky(reason why I still never put makeup on past my eyebrows) and now my skin is a tiny bit oily, and sometimes it's just normal skin. I seriously rather have that than dry skin! 

From a young age, my mom has taught my sister and I to put face lifting and firming creams on...I believe I've been using them since I was 13! But this Past year I have been lacking on keeping up with it because the ones my mom and I use are expensive! Drugstore all the way!

I've also noticed my skin has become a lot more pale since August, and it might be because of the medicines I've been taking or just because I'm really taking care of myself. DRINK WATER! eat healthy!

**I'm doing this blog because a little over a year ago was the last time I had incoming break outs! 
I've been under a lot of stress lately because of finals, graduation and just a few other things and I notice my skin getting a little red in areas now before I have a wedding!**



I often get asked...

1.I often get asked how to cure acne! I have friends with mild to severe skin problems on their faces. Some of it is just hormonal, and the rest...well to be honest I don't think people do a good job of taking care of their skin at all. I mean if you were to leave the alcohol and drugs and bad hygienic people you hang with...Girl you would look hot! No...but I'm serious, I think girls lack in TWO things! 1.Taking care of their face and 2.Trying to educate themselves about hygiene! 

2.I often get asked how to make redness go away! Some have told me to try aspirin, toothpaste etc...but that doesn't work on my skin at all! Something I use when I have an event the next morning and need to get rid of a redness or breakout is THIS

I literally live by this! my holy Grail! This works for me, might not work for everyone. It does work for all skin types. I know I used this on my boyfriend on a Navroz and the redness was all gone! 


2. Another way to make "redness" go away is Haldi! None of my friends actually like this...although it made their skin feel better but they flipped on me because they were yellow! lol I know it's a little extreme. Seriously though...what girl gives herself the haldi treatment once a week? A BRIDE does it once in her lifetime! I know, I do it! All you need is some haldi(Turmeric powder) and milk and make a paste and apply. Let it dry for about 10 mins(so you don't become yellow) and rinse off. If you happen to be yellow it washes off after a few rinses! No fear people!


3. USE A GOOD FACE WASH! I still know people that use a bar of soap...and I always say "...."
They even say "but I thought soap is good for you're skin" well...that's like saying Alcohol is good for you're body! Honestly MEN and WOMEN are you out to ruin your skin?! STOP using soap! 

I've ALWAYS used a face wash! I feel weird before I go to bed and I haven't washed my face yet.
My boyfriend has pretty good skin and breakouts every now and then but he even uses a few of the same face washes I do. Seriously girls, Get your men into that routine! and NO the face washes that come with their expensive colognes doesn't count! Don't use that either. It most likely has alcohol in it, that will dry out that skin. 

-Misconception: "you shouldn't use a scrub because it scratches you're skin." No it doesn't. you need a scrub and something gentle(more than a flimsy liquid you pay big bucks for) that will deep clean you're skin for the night.  



Face Types and Face Washes

Oily Skin-Try using ALL you're face products that say "OIL FREE" on them. Why add more oil to you're face right? Here are some for you!

Dry Skin-Stick to more cream like cleansers if you ONLY need to make you're skin more hydrated. If you have dry flaky skin AND some acne use one of the above also. Alternate them. 
3.Apricot *I actually think it's a different packaging in the store*

Normal/Sensitive Skin-I seriously don't think it's a big deal what to use on your face from what I'm listing...especially if you've tried everything. You're skin probably isn't even "sensitive anymore" I highly recommend you check with you're doctor to see if their is something in the ingredients you may be allergic to! For normal skin, also use a gentle scrub but isn't too harsh on you're skin. 
2.Loreal 360! ***Nafees and I LOVE this face wash! We live by it! He loves that it comes with a scrub ;)**

SECRET!
One secret most people don't know about or avoid is putting a toner on after washing you're face, and applying a moisturizer. Visit my blog HERE for more details on what I do with the toner and moisturizer! 


*All the above I still use or have tried for longer than 6 months. For the audience I'm sticking more drugstore*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images