OOTN-Outfit of the Night(makeup&shoes)

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Friday night's Outfit and Makeup!

I wore a yellow block print Kaftan(Kurta style) with a Hot pink Churidaar. 
I know everyone refers to the "top" are a kurti, but the definition of that is a shorter version of a Kurtha which is not what this is. Therefore, Kaftan is a long loose top/dress! 

I really don't wear too many bright colors, so this was a little out of my comfort zone. But I loved that it was block printed only on the back and a panel in the front! Although in American fashion I'm not seeing much block print anymore, just remember to always apply American fashion to desi fashion! I'm sure that's what the designer of this Kaftan also had in mind! I love the vibrant colors on the back and the fact the print isn't too big. Although this kaftan wasn't tailored for my body, I felt more comfortable being this loose rather than a little bit more fitted! This Kaftan does have button down the middle, but for show. and a Floral print on one side which you will see in a later picture. 


The Material is a Malai Georgette Cloth. SO comfortable!
Makeup Of the Night
I chose to do a semi dramatic look because of the occasion it was at church. Knowing my mood I even go in a dress, or pencil skirt and top while others are dressed up in traditional clothing! I did a Navy blue and black smokey eye with a smoked out blue lash line and hot pink in the inner corners so my eyes do not look too small.

I went for the barbie doll look with the dark eyes and baby pink lips! I think it turned out better than I expected. Since I needed to dress it up, I added big earrings to the look that have a yellow green stone in the middle as well as the bottom. 


Finished look after getting ready.
Jewelry
-Earrings 
-Anniversary Ring
-Mom's Watch
Shoes of the Night
I LOVE these heels! I can't tell you how many compliments I have gotten on them. I have had them for a few years now and they are in great shape still. They are the Enzo Angiolini Heels. Top is a shiny silver mesh cloth with a gold plat form. These are super comfortable! They go on EVERYTHING! Also, there is the Floral Patch on one side of the Kaftan. Also, notice how gorgeous the draping is of the Kaftan when it's floating away from the body! Love everything about this! 


If you would like one of these Kaftan's please contact me at AnumrLakhani@gmail.com
***They come in solid colors as well as other prints and in all sizes***



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images