Revlon Photoready BB Cream: Review, Tried and Tested.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

I was totally againest BB creams. I think I might still be!


What is a BB cream (CLICK HERE) Beauty balm!! use it ladies!!!

I use lighter coverage foundations usually since I don't need much coverage...OR I would mix a white moisturizer and some concelar together and wear that through the day, just so I could get more coverage since I get redness in the mornings. 


Why use a BB cream? It evens out your skin complexion and most of the time covers the redness you have. 

Revlon Photoready BB cream: I have used 2 of the "photoready foundations" and I really like this line from revlon because when set with a translucent powder, it photographs great! I have tried the Maybeline BB cream(nasty and CAKEY!) and Garnier...and I'm not really a fan of it. Honestly just use it as a primer if you have them so you don't throw it away! Anyway, Revlon BB cream goes on more as a foundation and gives GREAT coverage! 

Packaging: Love that it's a tube, and it could pass for a high end BB cream 
Price: Bought it for about  $11


How to apply: Use your clean fingers to apply the smallest amount! (you can use the narrow foundation brush also, the ones you use for primer and BB creams.) 

So this is how it looked begining of the day...I had no concealer or setting powder on. 


















About 11 Hours later, so right now this is what it looks like at 11pm

Okay not sure why this picture isn't clear! sorry
I get an oily T-zone so this didn't make me oily first few hours but I did get oily eventually and didn't blot. You don't need to use a primer with this, a good translucent powder will work with this. I didn't use it because I wanted to do a proper review showing how it works with other things packed on my skin. 


Overall review: Love this BB cream...If you are looking for a cream with heavier coverage there is Tarte BB cream BUT since I don't wear makeup everyday and my natural skin looks basically the same with this cream on...I probably won't use it much.

What the BB cream is good for: In the summer, you want to use less heat in your hair and try not wearing heavy makeup that slips and slides while you are at an amusement park or pool party. That's where BB creams play a role! It takes away redness and evens skin out, just what you need for a hot summer day!


I hope this helped for those looking to try BB creams, and for those who want a everyday makeup alternative...Please feel free to email or comment for any questions and high end BB cream suggestions

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images