What Clothes to pack when traveling!

Friday, July 26, 2013

I know this is the time where many of us will be traveling the most, and taking small trips whether it be a road trip, cruise etc...so here are some ideas on what to pack!

This summer I had to force myself to pack minimal as possible so I don't overwhelm myself when getting dressed to go out during vacation. 

What to consider when packing clothes
- Is it a road trip? Are you flying by plane? How many different locations are you going to?
If it's a road trip and plane ride you want to be comfy as possible. Keep in mind when it's super hot outside, that AC will be blasting! 

An Item I always bring with me no matter what where I'm traveling to is a light weight cardigan. I get cold easily, and since its summer the AC will cool you down and you will freeze your but off like I did! 

-Weather~What's the whether transition like?

-Style in the region you will be going to~This sounded a bit weird, but I know what trends are going on in what region at all times since I work in retail and I always match my vacation wardrobe up to the city and location I'm in! 

*Always plan your outfits out, at least a little bit so it is easier to pack accessories and shoes*

How to use one clothing item in multiple ways!

Ever been scared to do this? I'm a huge victim of not repeating certain clothing items in my life for some crazy reasons and always end up buying everything new for a trip!

Color-Add color to your wardrobe! For the longest time*I still do* wear blacks, grays, whites and nudes only! I've learned to always have a pop of color in my outfit whether it be my accessories, handbag, or shoes. 

Pants/Shorts-If you are going for a 2-4 days, pack one pair of shorts and one pair of cropped pants. 

5-10 days-2-3 cropped pants 2-3 shorts

I always do this so I can bring the right amount of tops that will go with these particular bottoms I choose to bring so I don't have to worry about "choices" because when packing, you should already know what***Outfit*** you will be wearing for what day!


Airport Outfit ideas
-I love dressing comfy, BUT I am one of those woman who walks around in heels at the airport. lol!
-I wear designer flip flops/flats and usually change into heels before I land, or have my heels on through the whole trip. Depends where I am traveling to and who I will see. 

I wore a horizontal striped maxi skirt with a black knit half sleeves top and a pair of my TB sandals.



On my trip, I had these orange/coral pants and paired it with a leopard lined button down top, and a black quarter sleeve cardigan. I'm the last person on earth to do such matchy matchy outfits! I didn't want to wear black bottoms because a. was too hot outside and b.It's summer, so I needed some color! Below, is the outfit I wore, and I put a few gold bracelets and dual tone watch on. I paired it with a block print brown and black pair of wedges(first wedges I owned, never liked them, but now I'm in love with these shoes) that are an ankle strap, *Totes in style at the moment*




Rule of fashion*Black and brown only go together if it's block print or leopard* I really don't think black and brown pieces look good separately at all! It can add attention in unwanted areas and we don't want that ladies!


*Colors and prints for the summer anyone can pull off!*

Cobalt and Royal blue

Coral with an orange undertone

 small prints to minimize our bodies such as leopard, hounds tooth and chevron(transitional print to fall)

 block prints(especially for shoes)

paisley(I don't really do floral, but make sure its a smaller print if it a pair of floral pants etc)

Mint green(looks great with golds and browns)



Hope this helps you guys! I know there are many of you going off to college and are having a hard time packing as well, just add on to the amount and think of the upcoming weather, and when you will be coming home next to get another amount and what you can PUT back of(summer clothes from college) to make easier moving out better :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images