What to Pack when travelling this summer!

Friday, July 12, 2013

Hi my loves!


The whole month of June I was so busy with my best friends wedding and of course a lot of other traveling! I lived out of my suitcase all last month...I went on a few trips..my trip with my sister I took less hair tools because we both brought half and half. The perks of having a sister!

I was a typical girl. *Always over packed*
Nothing wrong with that...except if you are short and fragile like me, you don't want to carry much through security check, or have lots of luggage in a hotel room. I hate losing things when I'm traveling, so I try keeping everything in one carry on, maximum if I go somewhere for a week. 



What to pack
Beauty Essentials



1. Moisturizer-I always pack a small travel size one. I moisturize a lot, especially while on the plane, and before I get ready for my day and when I end my night after taking my makeup off. 

2. Makeup brushes-Honestly you only need but so many! I always take my best ones and make sure I can disinfect them to use for other makeup purposes. Some I take are, my beauty blender(instead of a foundation brush), 1 blending brush, a contour brush, a tapered blush brush(used to blend out contour and full face), 2-3 shadow brushes(flat, smokey eye tapered brush), and 1-2 different sized stippling brushes to blend everything out!

3.Foundation/Concealer-I usually take one. If you can find a plastic container to pour it into, just the amount you will need...you will save a lot of room! Sometimes I have to do that because my foundations are super expensive and I don't want the glass bottle to burst while **on the plane** But! Sometimes I'll take the bottle and keep it in my makeup bag which stays in my purse! As far as it goes for concealer I brought 3-4 different ones with me depending on how bright or natural I wanted my highlight to be. 


4.Blush/Matte bronzer-I usually take one of each only because we like to think we will try different looks...but we end up changing our eye makeup more than well play around with bronzer etc. I like sticking to matte only because I have a natural iridescence to my face so I don't want to look "oily" throughout the day.


5.Blotting sheets!-If you don't know what those are you live in a hole! these are the best, I always blot only because my skin does get oily because it's so hot outside. I'm not a huge fan of using much powder unless it's to quickly sweep to set my foundation or if it's for a wedding. Here is where you can find some! You want to stay matte as possible.

6.Eyeshadow pallets-This is that hardest! I have more shimmer eyeshadow pallets than anything..This time when I flew I took my Naked pallet and some other small single eyeshadows that I know I was going to use. If your eyeshadow comes off easily and you don't wear much, try the COLOR TATTOO they are awesome! Nice shimmer, and creaseless! (Can be used as a primer for heavy eyemakeup)
(My concealer pallet I use for highlight and contour, cream based face products work better in such humid weather)

7.Highlight-For those of you that highlight and contour use your eyeshadows as a contour! In my tarte eyeshadow pallet(sold out) there is this beautiful white highlight color! I use that when I don't want to carry around my MAC, Sephora, YSL Highlighters. 

8.I did bring a brush cleaner with me also, it's just a spray. I'm really crazy about using a clean brush because I wouldn't want to break out. **Setting spray** is a must for your makeup! no matter how much or how little you put on! Lock that makeup in girl!

9.Makeup Wipes-oh hello...these are a MUST! Usually when you are on vacation your gonna go all out with your makeup, so gently use the wipe to take off eye makeup before you wash your face. *I don't use makeup wipes on my full face, its a risk of breaking out if you do it too much*

Toiletries 



1. Buy everything travel sized!!! Trust me, you won't need much and everything mostly costs $1 anyway!

2.Shampoo-I took my big and sexy volumizing kit with me. I had the shampoo, conditioner, and volumizing gel I used the days I was out. 

3.Body wash

4. Disposable toothbrush/Toothpaste/Mouthwash-I brought my electric toothbrush only because it had a slim case. Colgate mouth wash and 3D white toothpaste. I also used a whitening gel pen every night before sleeping

4. Exfoliate-Since it was super hot where I was, I brought a disposable exfoliating cloth I used for body washes. That can be found at your nearest Walmart!


Hair Care

I don't use much heat in my hair through summer. Unfortunately I had to in the month of June with all the festivities going on. I brought my hair dryer, straightener, and one curling iron with me. **If you are going to a friends or family's home, you should try not to bring a blow dryer and straightener, because most likely they have one, and it will save you PLENTY of room for other things you want to pack!

**I did use conditioner everyday when I was on vacation along with Moroccan and Argan oil**


How to pack

Now that it's been 2 years since I don't **Over pack** I feel so much better when I fly knowing I don't need to check in a bag or have much to carry. But my carry on ends up being super heavy!

-Clothes-ROLL your clothes don't fold them! Also, if you are going on a trip for more than a week, I suggest you invest in some space saving bags...When I moved to Chicago it was a LIFESAVER! I mean it, I'm glad I had thought of the idea. You wouldn't want your nice blouses, shalwar kurthas, and sarees getting stuck right?

-Makeup-I **Always** section my makeup off in different cosmetic bags(Chanel/YSL). Eyeshadows, setting spray etc in a larger slim bag. And my toiletries usually go in a plastic cosmetic bag, because in case it spills in the luggage of carry on...girl you are screwed!


-Jewelry-I take very minimal. This time I took the small dainty diamond my boyfriend has gifted me in the past and a watch. I knew I wouldn't wear a bunch of things because it was so hot. I was gifted my MK watch, and Givenchy studs so I was wearing those as well! (Put my jewelry in a plastic cosmetic bag as well)


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. this was so useful and just in time! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you have any other questions please MSG me! Glad I could help you out! It's always better to plan outfits with 2/3 bottoms n more tops. N quantity of toiletries for Summer trips. Great way to save money :)

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images